PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2017 COURSE IN COUDERSPORT WILL BE DIFFERENT BECAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION IN DOWN TOWN COUDERSPORT.
The God's Country Marathon has been named one of the "10 toughest marathons" and one of the "best small marathons" in the United States by Runner's World Magazine. The course takes runners on a scenic, yet challenging journey, on Route 6 through the majestic Susquehannock State Forest, ending at the historic Coudersport Courthouse Square. The marathon begins at 7:00 A.M. at the Galeton Area High School. It is an open road, point to point course. Each mile is marked with an official mile marker. The course will be marked with orange arrows painted on the pavement. We strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with the course prior to the race.
• From the start line at the school parking lot, make a right onto Bridge Street.
• At the red light, make another right onto Route 6 East. Continue on Route 6 East to the Nob Hill Motel, do a U-Turn in the road, and run back towards Galeton.
• Turn left onto Mill Street.
• Turn right onto Clinton Street.
• Turn left onto Hammond Avenue.
• Turn right onto Sherman Street.
• Turn right onto Bridge Street and make a quick left onto Germania Street. The road will curve to the right onto Union Street.
• Make a right onto West Street.
• When you reach Route 6, make a left. The course runs along Route 6 West for approximately 20 miles.
• Mile 15 marks the beginning of "The Hill" which continues until the peak at Mile 18. From there, it's all downhill!
• As you come into Coudersport, turn left onto Park Avenue, just past the Parente Beard office.
• At the end of Park Avenue, make a left, go over the bridge and make an immediate right onto Allegany Avenue.
• At the end of Allegany Avenue, make a right onto Main Street, go over the bridge and follow Main Street through the red light to the finish line.
Fluid Replacement: 20+ fluid replacement stations located approximately every 1 mile and at the finish line. Note: Water station locations are coordinated based on the mile markers; some stations may not be located exactly at a mile marker due to available roadside space that allows our volunteers to stay safe.
"GU" Energy Gel: There will be "GU" stations at the start line and the 5-10-15-20-25 mile marks and at some other water stations along the way.
Port-a-potties: Port-a-potties will be at the starting line, 5-10-15-20.5 mile marks and at the finish line.
Medical Aid: Charles Cole Memorial Hospital provides medical aid for runners in need. Galeton and Coudersport Ambulance Companies will monitor the course.
Time Limits: There are no time limits for our course. If you are willing to try it, we'll be there for you at the Finish Line.