Eldred WWII Museum

During World War II, Eldred was the site of a British and American munitions plant that produced eight million bombs, mortar shells and fuses. Fifteen hundred people worked there, 24 hours a day, from January 1942 to May 1945, supporting the war effort. The Eldred World War II Museum opened on Memorial Day, 1996, dedicated to the memory of the local people who worked in the plant and those who served overseas during the war.

Loading Map