The Potter County Visitors Association is seeking a full time Executive Director. Deadline for Resumes is July 31, 2016. See below for job description and requirements. Click Here to Download Print-Friendly Version
Job Title: Executive
Reports to: Board of Directors, Potter County
Status: Full Time; Salary
The Potter County
Visitors Association, home to the darkest skies on the east and the newly
renovated PA Lumber Museum, is seeking a new leader that will continue to build
visitation and awareness to the destination.
The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for a
four season outdoor recreation, unique heritage events and small town
America. He or she will be energetic,
technologically savvy and strategic in planning, development and
director is responsible for the overall management of the Potter County
Board of Directors
- Attends all monthly meetings of the
board of directors.
- Maintains contact with all committees
in an advisory, non-voting capacity.
- Prepares agenda, monthly executive
director's report and other relevant documents
- Sends out weekly updates/reminders of
board meetings and other information.
- Conduct orientation session with new
- Works with Board Treasurer to develop
monthly financial statements for the Board's review.
Implement Financial Strategies
- Responsible for the Associations
bookkeeping and accounting including invoicing, deposits, processing bills
and making payments and payroll/payroll taxes.
- Establishes an annual budget, working
with Treasurer and President.
- Develops and implements
income-producing projects such as county merchandise.
- Explores grant opportunities and
prepares grant applications.
- Work with Association auditor on
annual audited financial statement.
- Ensure Association is in compliance
with the TPA Minimum Standards as set by the Department of Community and
Economic Development, maintaining the continuance of the Tourism Promotion
Matching Fund Grant. (when grant is available)
- Maintain active participation and
represent Potter County in regional initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a positive
relationship with State Tourism Office and its vendors to further develop
the promotion of Potter County.
- Advocate to local, regional, and state
elected officials the economic impact of tourism, as well as the
importance of a well funded association.
- Work with County Treasurer to ensure
proper collection and disbursal of County Room Tax. Identify new unregistered lodging and
Marketing and Promotion
Implement Marketing Strategy
- Develops, implements, and coordinates
a comprehensive multi-media marketing plan including a co-op advertising
plan for county businesses.
- Coordinates public relations efforts
to promote a positive image regarding tourism and its economic impact upon
the county and its residents
- Oversees the printing of the Visitors
Guide, Calendar of Events, and other collateral
- Works with family, individual, and
business travelers, travel agents and travel writers, and reciprocal tour
- Responsible for all ad sales for any
association interactive or print projects.
- Oversees the content and development
of the association's website with content management system (CMS). Includes online calendar of events.
- Maintain business and consumer database
for the association's website.(CRM)
- Maintain the association's social
media strategy and presence.
- Develop monthly consumer and partner
- Acts as spokesperson for media interviews
as it relates to the Association.
- Maintains a library of photos, videos,
and related articles to promote the area.
- Makes educational presentations to
students, civic organizations, and municipal governments.
- Attends local, regional, and state
sponsored consumer events to distribute literature and information to
promote Potter County.
- Oversees everyday operations of the
Center, including mailings, visitors inquiries, brochure distribution.
- Maintains tracking system on inquiries
- Greeting and assisting visitors who
enter the visitor's center.
- Ensures the brochure racks are orderly
and properly stocked.
Race Director - God's Country Marathon
planning, promoting, preparing and producing the God's Country Marathon from
registration, sponsorship, coordinating volunteers and post-race tasks.
Austin Dam Show
planning, promoting, preparing and producing the Austin Dam Show music
festival. Book talent, prepare grounds,
coordinate volunteers and post festival tasks.
Works at various functions in various capacities
as required by the Board, including, but not limited to, Annual Dinner, relevant
public meetings, seminars, special projects, dinners and outings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotion of tourist destinations,
including market trends analysis, short and long-range planning,
developing and monitoring budgets and communicating with public and
- Knowledge of budget development and possess the skills to administer
and allocate limited resources in a cost effective manner.
- Knowledge of ad placement practices.
- Ability to develop and produce collateral materials.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws as it pertains to the
operation of a non-profit organization, including non-profit law, grant
laws/use of public funds.
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting
principles, practices, and procedures and of their applications to a
variety of accounting transactions and problems.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, practices, systems, and
- Ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work
of subordinates and volunteers
- Ability to make independent decisions in
accordance with established polices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
to use computer hardware, various software programs and technologies,
including word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to perform strenuous and routine work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing - speaking before public groups and making
presentations in an engaging and dynamic manner.
work ethic and passion for the task at hand
with and knowledge of Potter County and surrounding region.
The above statements reflect the general duties
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as
identified, and shall not be considered as the detailed description of all work
requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Usually works in a well-lit office area. Occasionally required to work outside office
at events attended by 25 to 5,000 participants both indoors and out-of-doors.
Some evenings, weekends and busy tourism holidays.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business
Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Tourism, or related field.
DMO leadership experience, especially in a rural destination, is a plus.
valid Pennsylvania driver's license with clean DMV record, maintains adequate
automobile for travel locally and within the state.
|Strong Leadership Skills
|Stellar Presentation Skills
|Strong Critical Thnker
|Execeptional Problem Solver
If you are
interested in this position, please
respond via email by July 31, 2016,
with your cover letter, resume and up to five (5) pages of support material to:
Downtown Circuit Rider
No phone calls,
Click Here to Download Print-Friendly Version