Warm days and cool nights make summer a wonderful time to visit Potter County. There's always something to do with all of the great events taking place and all the outdoor adventures you can find. Here are the top 5 summer activities in "God's Country":
1. Stargazing - Cherry Springs State Park has been named the best place on Earth for stargazing by the Travel Channel. The Milky Way shines so bright here that it literally casts your shadow! Come do some serious stargazing!
2. Swimming - Cool off at Lyman Lake in Lyman Run State Park! The 300 foot sand beach is open all summer long. Or, take a dip in Kettle Creek at the 150 foot sand beach at Ole Bull State Park.
3. Fun in the Sun - Summer Events - There's always something special going on in "God's Country" in the summer time. See what's happening on our calendar of events!
4. State Parks - Visit our 8 state parks for all kinds of outdoor adventures. Throughout the summer, many of them host free public programming where you can learn all about our wildlife and environment.
5. Golfing Getaway - The Coudersport Golf Club, nestled in the picturesque valley on 143 acres, hosts an 18-hole course. With a course rating is 67.7 and slope rating of 115, the course offers a challenging test, yet is playable for golfers of all skill levels.